22 May 2013

What's True on the Ground...

...is equally true in the air.

Walking Crocker-Amazon this windy morning, my wife and I noticed the sky was crossed by a number of long, thin clouds. The whole group of them must have been a few miles wide and many miles deep. When I told my non-artist wife that the clouds were in fact parallel, I blew her mind, man.  By which I mean, she thought I was full of shit.

But then I got her to think of a huge railyard with the tracks running toward her. "They would look fanned-out too, even though they're really parallel."

At this point, she conceded, yielding to my mighty powers of suggestion. I bet you're thinking of a huge railyard right now. Last night's clam spaghetti? Summer vacation. Someone whose name starts with B?

JH

4 comments:

Unknown said...

haha good one, John.

great. now i'm thinking of pizza. random associations indeed.

Ashish D. Joshi said...

That is indeed awesome !

Bink MMX said...

Thanks, fellows! Yeah that doesn't sound too random! Happy Birthday, David.

Bink MMX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.